Monday, January 27, 2014

Dreaming of leprechauns

I would like to go to Ireland. I was adopted. well half adopted. i know who my mother is but not my father. and what makes it more complicated is that she was adopted too. The only think i know about my heritage is what she has told me about my dad. that he was irish. When my grandparents adopted her, it was a closed adoption, and that was all they knew about her. They were getting a girl, and her mother was Swedish, her father was Irish and they were both very young. My mother and I have talked about family history quite often. It has always been a dream of mine to visit Ireland. I dream about seeing the beautiful rolling hills that could go on for miles. I dream about how the smells would be different than in America. Their culture has always fascinated me. And i really love Celtic music. I think I would fit in quite well.. It almost feels like something is drawing me towards it. I have to learn more.

2 comments:

  1. There is no place more beautiful than Ireland and the culture is so welcoming. I visited Ireland several years ago and didn't want to come home at the conclusion of our trip. I am also Irish and prefer to believe I connected with the culture and terrain because the hearts and souls of my ancestors are there. It's a far fetched theory, but I can't wait to return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am part Irish as well and share your desire to immerse myself in their rich culture. I only know what I have read and seen on television, but I imagine it to be a magical place filled with the beauty God gave us here on Earth. I find it fascinating that we have the ability to feel drawn to something we have never known personally. I hope we both get the opportunity to see it during out lifetime!

    ReplyDelete