Friday, January 24, 2014

Lincoln Logs in the classroom

       Lincoln Logs remind me of my childhood. I remember playing with them with my little brother. Now I have passed them down to my sons. but the dog also likes to chew them up. They are great for kids developing motor skills.My teacher found a Lincoln Log in the hallway today. I wonder if it dropped out of a teacher's bag. Maybe they were teaching a child development class. I also wonder if a child put it in their parents backpack so they would find it for them. Kids have a funny way of saying I miss you.Lincoln Logs are one of those toys that goes back to the age before technology took over.  When children played with blocks instead of i pads and wooden trains instead of leap frog toys, When the simple bells and whistles were literally bells and whistles. I think that we forget about the simplicity of how life should actually be.you don't have to have a bunch of gadgets to make your life interesting. You could sit down on the floor with your kids and turn off the t.v. and tap into life a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment